Elastic Taping and Advanced Bandaging Techniques for Lymphedema Management (TAB)
NOTE: Call ACOLS for course and alumni discounts BEFORE selecting PayPal.
Our Lady of the Lake, Baton Rouge
May 30, 2020
May 31, 2020
This Advanced Lymphedema Management workshop includes Elastic Taping and Advanced Bandaging techniques for the treatment of patients with Lymphedema.
Course Objectives: Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the anatomy, physiology and pathology of the lymphatic system
- Demonstrate the Vodder technique – stationary circle, pump, rotary, and scoop
- Recite the Trunk Treatment for UE and LE Lymphedema
- Demonstrate advanced UE and LE Bandaging and Trunk Compression
- Describe Genital Bandaging and Difficult Hand Swelling
- Advanced case studies of more difficult cases involving various areas of the body
- Understand the Lymphedema Treatment Act; PALS exercise program
- Understand the use of Compression Pumps, Elastic Taping and Axillary Web Syndrome
- Recognize MLD with other conditions: fibromyalgia, scleroderma, RIBP
This course is 2-days in length (14 contact hours). The classroom hours are 8:00am – 4:30pm daily. There will be approximately one hour for lunch every day.
Direct contact during our certification courses, small groups, highly trained and certified instructors with many years of experience in education and treatment, as well as up-to-date teaching technologies assure a maximum learning experience for participants in our programs.