Complete Lymphedema Certification Course
Become a Certified Lymphedema Therapist in just 9 days
This course provides complete certification in Manual Lymph Drainage and Complete Decongestive Therapy (MLD/CDT) according to the rules and regulations set by the Lymphology Association of North America (LANA®).
As a participant in this course, you will be trained in the four components of CDT and the management of lymphedema. Upon completion of this course, you will be able to establish a treatment plan for individuals with chronic lymphedema and related conditions and perform the treatment accordingly.
Becoming a Confident Lymphedema Treatment Provider:
At the Academy of Lymphatic Studies, we believe in high professional standards and the continuing professional competence of health care practitioners by promoting the quality and integrity of continuing education to practitioners in the field of lymphedema management. That is why our certification courses include plenty of practical experience and one-on-one guidance by our knowledgeable instructors. Here is a selection of some of the important areas in which you will become competent through this course:
- Anatomy, physiology and pathology of the lymphatic system
- Basic and advanced techniques of MLD and CDT
- Treatment of primary and secondary lymphedema as well as related conditions
- Treatment of pediatric lymphedema, head/neck and genital lymphedema
- Lymphedema bandaging techniques for upper and lower extremities
- Measuring techniques for edema (volumetric and circumferential)
- Measuring techniques for compression garments (with certification) - JUZO, JOBST, SOLARIS
- Decongestive exercises for lymphedema patients
- Home maintenance and self-treatment for lymphedema patients
The Skills to Maintain a Healthy Career
In a healthcare career, your ability to treat patients is paramount - but clinical skills are not all it takes to maintain a successful career. That is why at the Academy of Lymphatic Studies, in addition to medical procedures, we also train all our students in practical office and career management skills, including:
- Billing issues for lymphedema therapy
- Marketing issues for lymphedema therapists
- Up-to-date teaching tools and technologies are used during the course
- Free support of graduates (consulting services, therapist resource listing and more)
We also periodically offer advanced training and review classes, so you can stay up-to-date with current trends and treatment options. Employers will be impressed with your professionalism and patients will benefit from your extensive knowledge.
Good News for Certification Students - Accelerated Hybrid Online Program
Due to overwhelming student demand we have changed our traditional two week certification course format to the New Accelerated Hybrid Online Program (AHOP). Our program, AHOP, is now 45 hours of online home study and 90 hours in the classroom, which is only 5 working/week days and 2 weekends
This program is a comprehensive certification course (135 hours) and allows students to become fully certified in Complete Decongestive Therapy using a dynamic combination of Home Study/Online lessons and student-centered classroom sessions.
- Students prepare for the theoretical portion of the program using our 45-hour Online Home Study Portal.
- Students complete the theoretical and practical portion with a certified instructor in the classroom. Each 90-hour course is delivered in only 5 working days. The course length is 9 days in total, including two weekends.
- Our 135-hour program meets all the qualifications of the Lymphology Association of North America (LANA®), and is approved for CEUs by various state licensing and professional boards, including the Florida Physical Therapy Association, the Texas Physical Therapy Association, AOTA, and NCBTMB.
- How do we differ from our competitors? Each program offering this type of lymphedema certification is bound by the requirements set by LANA® of a minimum of 135-hours. Each program requires the participants to pass a series of exams to complete the course and become certified. The difference in us and our competitors is that we were the first company in the US to provide this training, meaning that we have been around the longest. We also use the textbook authored by our founder, Joachim Zuther, who is an expert in Lymphedema Management and one of the founding members of the Lymphology Association of North America (LANA®). You would be learning from the best! Our students also have more access to our certified instructors to ensure their successful completion of the course. Our format has been proven to have a very high success rate with our students passing these exams and becoming a Certified Lymphedema Therapist (CLT).
Reasons to attend the Academy of Lymphatic Studies:
- The Academy was the first school, and remains the leading school, to offer Lymphedema education in the United States.
- Our textbook was written by our founder and program director, Joachim “Joe” Zuther, world renowned Lymphedema expert, and has been on Thieme’s Top 10 best selling list since the first edition was published.
- High success rates for our students passing the course as well as the LANA National Exam, for those that choose to be Nationally Certified.
- We offer more classes in more locations to meet your needs.
- We offer discounts and easy financing options.
- Why go anywhere else!
Is Lymphedema Certification from Academy of Lymphatic Studies Right for You?
Find Out More...
For more information about our Complete Lymphedema Certification, including course dates and locations, simply complete the form on the side of this page to contact ACOLS and receive FREE information.
The friendly and knowledgeable advisors at Academy of Lymphatic Studies are happy to answer any questions you may have.
If you are ready to register today, click here to view our current Schedule of Courses and make your selection. If you do not see the course you desire, call our admissions representative to discuss your options and/or future courses.
Call 1 800 863-5935 to contact ACOLS today.